One Vibration

One Vision - One Vibration

I am a server by trade 26 years...I've seen many changes that will eventually force me off the floor this week a server lost his job for a reason I feel wasn't his responsibility and I'd like to know how others feel?A guest orders seafood alfredo without shrimp but dosen't tell the server he is alergic to shrimp he has an attack at the table self medicating the server loses his job 15 years of service!Now we must ask every table this question on top of the already long greeting!what do you think?

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it is the responsibility of the person with the allergy to inform people who are going to feed him or her about it.

Some are severe and you cannot even use a  cutting board or utensil that was used for the stuff they have an allergy to while in others they need to digest it before it affects them. Either way these people are not the norm and therefore the onus rests upon them to inform.

In today's world where everyone wants to sue everyone for their own shortcomings it might be wise idea to have them sign something with small print telling them to inform the Server of any deviance's they may have or even to fill it in on the same form that one can use in case it goes to court.

thank you for your reply so many people have no clue the pressure on the servers we are held accountable for every action!from yhe minute a guest walks into the resturant we are judged...if the hostess is rude I am judged if the guest is having a bad day I am judged if the line crashes I am judged if the manager doe not handle the event to the satisfaction I am judged...I make 4 dollars an hour depending on everyone else to make my money my mood?sometimes it simply dose not matter. 

RSS

Online Magazine

About

Submit your article

Use your credit card or bank account or Pay Pal at the link above. We THANK YOU for your support! 

OV Networking Toolbox

How to Articles
HELP Department

Latest Activity

2 photos by Lady of the Lake were featured
4 minutes ago
Jilly OV Admin commented on Lady of the Lake's photo
4 minutes ago
10 photos by Maggie Mystic were featured
6 minutes ago
AuroRa - OV Admin commented on AuroRa - OV Admin's group The Voice of Indigenous Peoples
11 minutes ago
Jilly OV Admin commented on Christopher OV Admin's photo
13 minutes ago
Kate Bridgebank added a discussion to the group The Truth Revealed
14 minutes ago
Kate Bridgebank replied to Charles Magus's discussion This is a Challenge to all OV Members to get their heads around This Information. in the group The Truth Revealed
15 minutes ago
2 photos by Christopher OV Admin were featured
15 minutes ago
rose added a discussion to the group Animal Encounters
24 minutes ago
Debra Thornhill Dora Dora shared Jilly OV Admin's photo on Facebook
38 minutes ago
rose posted a discussion
49 minutes ago
Jilly OV Admin replied to rose's discussion Why DO Grownups Stop Laughing? in the group Love Is The Answer
53 minutes ago
sandy joined Love IS the Answer ~Admin~'s group
1 hour ago
rose added a discussion to the group Love Is The Answer
1 hour ago
rose added a discussion to the group RadioACTive
1 hour ago
sandy replied to Gun-Britt Lund's discussion Journey into Hell - Knowing Whispers Submitted by will on Sun, 04/20/2014 in the group Portal of Peace and Light
2 hours ago
sandy shared Gun-Britt Lund's discussion on Facebook
2 hours ago
Kate Bridgebank commented on Lux OV Admin's video
2 hours ago
Illumination OV Admin left a comment for Valerie O'Reilly
2 hours ago
Illumination OV Admin left a comment for Lady of the Lake
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by rose.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service