One Vibration

One Vision - One Vibration

Oppose PROTECT-IP Act: U.S. Government Wants To Censor Search Engines And Browsers

Tell Congress to Kill COICA 2.0, the Internet Censorship Bill

UPDATE:  Great news.  We don't always see eye-to-eye with Google, but we're on the same team this time.  Google CEO Eric Schmidt just came out swinging against PROTECT IP, saying, "I would be very, very careful if I were a government about arbitrarily [implementing] simple solutions to complex problems." And then he went even further.  From the LA Times:

"If there is a law that requires DNSs, to do X and it's passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the president of the United States and we disagree with it then we would still fight it," he said, according to the report. "If it's a request the answer is we wouldn't do it, if it's a discussion we wouldn't do it."

Big content is irate.  The Motion Picture Association of America released a statement saying, "We’ve heard this ‘but the law doesn’t apply to me’ argument before – but usually, it comes from content thieves, not a Fortune 500 company.  Google should know better."

ORIGINAL: We knew that members of Congress and their business allies were gearing up to pass a revised Internet Blacklist Bill -- which more than 325,000 Demand Progress members helped block last winter -- but we never expected it to be this atrocious.  Last year's bill has been renamed the "PROTECT IP" Act and it is far worse than its predecessor.  A summary of it is posted below.

Senators Leahy and Hatch pretended to weigh free speech concerns as they revised the bill.  Instead, the new legislation would institute a China-like censorship regime in the United States, whereby the Department of Justice could force search engines, browsers, and service providers to block users' access to websites, and scrub the American Internet clean of any trace of their existence.

Furthermore, it wouldn't just be the Attorney General who could add sites to the blacklist, but the new bill would allow any copyright holder to get sites blacklisted -- sure to result in an explosion of dubious and confused orders.

Will you urge Congress to oppose the PROTECT IP Act?  Just add your name at right. 

PETITION TO CONGRESS:  The PROTECT IP Act demonstrates an astounding lack of respect for Internet freedom and free speech rights.  I urge you to oppose it.

Here is the link!  Please see it to sign the petition there.  Thank you!

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/protectip_docs/?akid=620.339356....

Tags: Freedom, No-Censorship-of-Internet, Speech

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Charles I signed it and put it on my facebook page.  You don't have to be from the U.S. to sign it I was happy to see.  I know our government in Canada is trying to implement their own version of this here.  I already cannot  access some minor sites I used to go to.  Thanks!

Namaste!

Yep!  I was happy to see that you don't have to be an American citizen to sign the petition Tammy!  My latest post will reveal a lot more and help you see the bigger picture of the zionists are doing.

Namaste!

Charles.

Charles, I think I already signed this, but was glad to sign it again, just in case I

didnt sign it.

lol! Thanks Victoria!  We need this medium to stay in touch, if we don't have it, we will have to go out in the streets and expose what is going on.
They are trying to stop us from finding the truth on the net!  I signed and posted on Facecrook also Charles!
Thank you Lozzie for sharing the info!!   They are not going to get away with this!!!

RSS

Online Magazine

About

Submit your article

Use your credit card or bank account or Pay Pal at the link above. We THANK YOU for your support! 

OV Networking Toolbox

How to Articles
HELP Department

Latest Activity

Rosemary Gabriel left a comment for Crystal Stump
5 minutes ago
Gary Val Tenuta commented on rose's video
8 minutes ago
Jilly OV Admin left a comment for Jilly OV Admin
43 minutes ago
Bevely Ann Fox replied to Dragon Chimes OV Admin's discussion The Truth About Long Hair
52 minutes ago
5 photos by Jilly OV Admin were featured
54 minutes ago
A blog post by LavenderRose was featured
55 minutes ago
2 photos by Sherayx were featured
1 hour ago
A photo by A2I was featured
1 hour ago
2 photos by Lorie Renker Floener were featured
1 hour ago
Jilly OV Admin commented on Christopher OV Admin's photo
1 hour ago
A photo by Christopher OV Admin was featured
1 hour ago
3 discussions started by Dragon Chimes OV Admin were featured
1 hour ago
Gun-Britt Lund replied to Gun-Britt Lund's discussion Heavenletter #4892 Life Is Always before You, April 17, 2014 in the group Portal of Peace and Light
1 hour ago
Gun-Britt Lund replied to Gun-Britt Lund's discussion Today´s point of peace - April 19, 2014 - Dawn Katar and the Ascended Masters in the group Portal of Peace and Light
1 hour ago
Gun-Britt Lund replied to Red Wolf OV Guardian's discussion Happy Easter Ostara in the group Universal and Native American Pathways
1 hour ago
Gun-Britt Lund replied to Gun-Britt Lund's discussion Heavenletter #4894 The World Is a Field in Which You Move, April 19, 2014 in the group Portal of Peace and Light
1 hour ago
Gun-Britt Lund replied to Gun-Britt Lund's discussion Heavenletter #4894 The World Is a Field in Which You Move, April 19, 2014 in the group Portal of Peace and Light
1 hour ago
Gary Val Tenuta commented on rose's video
1 hour ago
Jilly OV Admin left a comment for Crystal Stump
1 hour ago
Red Wolf OV Guardian added 2 discussions to the group Universal and Native American Pathways
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by rose.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service