I have been overwhelmed these past few weeks with my personal, social and business responsibilities. It had gotten to a point this past weekend that my emotions of frustration were screaming so loudly that I could not hear what my higher self knew to be truth. My thoughts of who, how, and what had my thoughts so scattered that I had no focus, and no direction. My heart has been heavy with the energies of pain and confusion and helplessness. The more I tried to sort through these muddled thoughts the angrier I became. Even though I knew that what I was doing was self destructive to myself and all those involved, I was under the false impression that it was my responsibility to "fix" everything for everyone. I had to be the one to find the solutions, be the strong all knowing and supportive "go to" person. I was to have all the answers and tie them up in a neat bundle with a bow! Even though my intuition told me that it was an impossible task and one of unconscious ego, I perservered with damnedable determination. Last night I perservered myself into a sleepless night and an angry morning and still no answers until the Universe in all it's wisdom placed the following in my path a few moments ago and put into the words that I could not collect in my own thoughts! Even though I knew all of these things, I allowed the timing of all these challenges coming at me all at once to block my knowing. Another lesson acknowledged with gratitude!
Love Hugs & Blessings! PAM
Here is a list of 15 things, which, if you give up on them, will make your life a lot easier, and much more happier. We are holding on to so many things that are causing us a great deal of pain, stress and suffering, and instead of letting them all go, instead of allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy, we cling on to them, but not anymore. Starting today we will give up on all those things that no longer serve us, and we will embrace change. So here we go:
1. Give up your need to always be right. There are so many of us can’t stand the idea of being wrong, wanting to always be right, even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for them and for others. It’s just not worth it. Whenever you feel the “urgent” need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” Wayne Dyer. What difference will that even make? Is your ego really that big?
2. Give up your need for control. Be willing to give up your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you, situations, events, people, etc., whether they are loved ones, coworkers, or just strangers you meet on the street, and just allow them to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel.
“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.” Lao Tzu
3. Give up on blame. Give up on your need to blame others for what you have or what you don’t have; for what you feel or what you don’t feel. Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.
4. Give up your self defeating self talk. Oh my. How many people are hurting themselves because of their horrible, negative, polluted, repetitive and self defeating self talk? Don’t believe everything that your mind is telling you, especially if it’s negative and self defeating.
“The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.” Eckhart Tolle
5. Give up your limiting beliefs about what you can or can not do, about what is possible or impossible. From now on you are no longer going to allow your limiting beliefs to keep you in place, to keep you stuck. Spread your wings and fly!
“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind” Elly Roselle
6. Give up complaining. Give up your constant need to complain about those many, many, maaany things, people, situations, events, that make you unhappy, sad, blues, depressed, and so on. Nobody can make you unhappy, no situation can make you sad, miserable, depressed, mad, angry, etc. , unless you allow it too. It’s not the situation that triggers those feelings in you, but how you choose to look at it, you attitude. Doesn’t that make you feel a lot better now? More powerful and in control?
7. Give up the luxury of criticism. Give up your need to criticize things, events, people that are different than you. We are all different but we are all the same. We all want to be happy, we all want to love and be loved, we all want to be understood… We all want something, and that something is wished by us all.
8. Give up your need to impress others. Stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, just so you can make others like you. It doesn’t work this way. The moment you stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, the moment you take of all your masks, the moment you accept and embrace the real you, people will be drawn to you, effortlessly.
9. Give up your resistance to change. Change is good. Change will help you move from A to B. Change will help you make improvements on your life and also of those around you. Follow your bliss, embrace change, don’t resist it.
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” Joseph Campbell
10. Give up labels. Stop labeling those things, people, events that you don’t understand as being WEIRD and try opening your mind, little by little. You know, minds only work if open. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” Wayne Dyer
11. Give up on your fears. Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exit, you created it. It’s all in your mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into places.
“The only fear you should fear is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. Give up your excuses. Send them away. Tell them they’re fired. You no longer need them. A lot of times we limit ourselves because of the many excuses we use, and instead of growing and working on improving ourselves and our lives, we get stuck, lying to ourselves, using all kind of excuses, excuses that 99.9% of the time are not even real.
13. Give up the past. I know, I know. It’s hard, so hard, especially when the past looks so much better than the present moment and the futures looks so frightening, but you have to take into consideration the fact that the present moment is all that you have, all that you had and all that you will ever have. The past you are now longing for, the past that you are now dreaming about, was ignored by you when it was present, so stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life.Life is a journey, not a destination. Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.
14. Give up attachment. This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp and I have to tell you that it was for me too, and it still is, but it’s not something that is impossible. You get better and better at it in time, by practicing… The moment you detach yourself from all things, and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them, because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another ( attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less. Where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things, without even trying too. Such a precious thing. A state beyond words.
15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations. Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs. They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government, the media, etc. think is best for them, and they ignore their inner voice, that inner calling. They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives, they forget what makes them happy, they forget what they want, what they need… and eventually, they forget about themselves, they forget who they are. You have one life, this life, the only life, live it, own it, and don’t let other people’s good opinion distract you from your path.
Add a Comment