Don Juan repeatedly impressed on his apprentice Carlos Casteneda the importance of being an "impeccable warrior", explaining that to follow this path, one must make a habit of "not endulging".
In common terms, this means not giving in to the whims of the MIND.
And so it was that at precisely 6am, Monday 28th June (Austraklia time), I decided to see just how difficult it was to follow this path.
Being one who is only TOO aware of his vices, bad habits, lack of willpower and other assorted shortcomings, I decided to make a list of the things I would DO and NOT DO for the next 24 hours.
1. No coffee, soft drink, bread or sugar
2. No drinking water from the tap
3. No eating food that has any known poisonous ingredients - ie no processed food
4, No smoking
5. Total abstinence from sex
6. No sitting down or sitting at the computer for any longer than 1 hour total per day
7. No communications with friends or associates that were worse off than me
8. No going to bed just because it was "time" to do so nor staying up when I feel tired.
9. Ten full minutes of QiGong meditation in horse-stance (with one minute extra per day)
10. At least 1km walk, increasing by 0.5km per day
Well, it is now just on 7am so I have used up my hours worth of computer time already. An entire hour has passed and I don't feel any better. Maybe this idea sucks. And what harm could ONE coffee do anyway ?
Discipline. Michael, DISCIPLINE!
That means NO MORE BLOGGING.
So I have to sign out now... but I will be back tomorrow to report on my progress.
Maybe by then, I will have come to my senses and resumed the path of least resistance ;-)
Wish me luck,
Over and out.